Thursday 4 August 2016

Blaugust 2016 Day 4 - My Little Hobbits gaming journey

Last year I posted about my then 4 year old daughter's first foray into "proper" gaming. At that time, she'd taken Guild Wars 2 to her heart and she played for a good while and loved it though needed some help from me. At the end of Blaugust last year I was fortunate to be one of the "winners" and won a pack for child friendly MMO, Wizard 101, which she also got into and still goes back to regularly.

Over the last year she has also found a love for Marvel Heroes 2016 and has founded her own collection of heroes, her favourites being Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Black Widow.

Over the last few weeks though she has discovered the joy of the Playstation controller and discovered that she prefers playing on the TV with the PS3. I dug out one of my old fighting games, Virtua Combat, which she enjoys, being a yellow belt in TaeKwonDo herself and I grabbed her a cheap copy of Minecraft as she's into the pocket edition but this week we turned a corner. She discovered Skyrim.

She is in love the with it, the whole sandbox element really appeals, she loves crafting (she even figured for herself that wolf pelt = leather= new armour) and enjoys figuring out quests and where to go on the map. It's awesome watching her discover it all for herself and when mummy came home from a business trip she was sat down and had an hour long explanation of the game, her character and how everything works and what she's achieved.

Oh, and she discovered Singstar...






No comments:

Post a Comment