Wednesday 26 August 2015

Blaugust Day 26 - Dipping back into SWTOR


I first tried Star Wars The Old Republic MMO back when it first became Free to Play. While it reminded me of my beloved Knights of the Old Republic games, I really struggled to get into it. I really wanted to love the game and maybe it was playing as a Free player, which I understand hobbles you considerably (though I've never subscribed, so really don't know what I'm missing)


I have  returned once more, dusting off my Sith Warrior, Prekzok. He's only level 17 and still on Chapter one of the story so I haven't really seen much of the game. I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but shuffling my action bars around somewhat has made me a little more effective in combat so I'll continue to work through the missions in the hope it will start making sense.

My main problem with the game is that it doesn't do a great job of directing new players. I've found I have to read up on guides outside of the game to even get a sense of what I should be doing. I've got all my skills up to date and seem to have a rotation figured out but I still keep regularly dying in on-level content. I will perservere longer than I have previously and if anyone has advise on playing a Sith Maurauder, I'll gladly take it on board, but if I don't get my head round the game this time round, I may just uninstall for the last time.


This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, all the information can be found by clicking the logo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment